Time to Get A New Sheriff and District Attorney!
From evictions and racial profiling to the treatment of immigrants
and civil liberties, our current Sheriff and District Attorney do not
represent Alameda County.
Voice Your Own Grievances at a Town Hall Meeting.
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013, 7:00 PM
South Berkeley Senior Center (Near Ashby BART)
2939 Ellis Street, Berkeley***
Wilson Riles, former Oakland City Councilmember;
Principal, Seven Generations Consulting
Dan Siegel, civil rights attorney, former aide to Mayor Quan,
former School Board Member
Brooke Anderson, Labor Fellow, Movement Generation Justice & Ecology Project,
Santa Rita arrestee
Rev. Daniel Buford, Pastor, Allen Temple Baptist Church; Participant,
Facing Urban Shield
It’s Time to Get Rid of DA O’Malley and Sheriff Ahern!
Just a few things a new District Attorney could do:
- Investigations into wage theft, abuses by creditors, foreclosure fraud and environmental crimes.
- Voice support for improved crime labs, removal of police from schools
- Refusal of prosecution for drug possession or use.
- Voice opposition to curfews, arrests of school children, solitary confinement of children.
- Independent investigations of police misconduct.
- Keeping costs down by not keeping low level offenders in jail awaiting prosecution decisions
Just a few things a new Sheriff could do:
- No cooperation on ICE raids and no use of ICE holds.
- Abandon the pursuit of the acquisition of drones.
- Refusal to participate in homeowner evictions.
- Keeping costs down by using ‘cite and release’ to keep low-level offenders out of jail
- An independent, unbiased Coroner’s Office.
Sponsored by: Representation for the People, a coalition of Alameda County Progressive Organizations.
For More Information: Represent4tp@gmail.com (website coming!)