– Who are these people? Are they all anarchists and hippies?
– Why are they protesting? What are they trying to accomplish?
– How can I participate in the movement? What can I do outside of the movement?
– How can I get more people to join the movement?
If you’ve ever asked yourself questions like these, then we have just the thing for you. Come to 99% Knowledge Share this Saturday in Oakland!
We are hosting a free educational event for the 99 percent, veteran activists, or anyone who’s new to the movement.
When: 12:30-7pm, Saturday, March 3rd, 2012
Where: 1000 Broadway, 5th floor, Oakland CA (Alameda county Public Health Department)
This is a free and public event. Everyone is encouraged to attend, whether you are a veteran activist or new to the Occupy and 99% movement.
There will be workshops, discussion groups, info tables, and film screening. We will talk about the movement, the social issues it addresses, and various solutions to those issues.
Here’s a preview of some workshops:
– Intro to the Occupy and 99% movement: Group discussion on frequently asked questions and responses
– Media training: How to talk with reporters and get your message heard
– Facilitation and General Assembly Skills Training
– Basic investigative research: How to investigate corporate and public officials for corruption and other wrongdoing
– Healthcare justice / Universal healthcare
– Corporate control of the food system
– Factory farming
– Film screening room: documentaries etc.
We will also have a few tables:
– Occupy Listening: Tell us your thoughts on the Occupy movement
– Door-to-door organizing: How to talk to strangers (on-street training)
– Occupy & Nonviolent Protests
– California Nurses Association: Healthcare justice / Universal healthcare
Check out our website for updates http://99knowledgeshare.com/
Here is the Schedule of Workshops:
Room A Schedule:
1:00 – 2:00 Intro to the Occupy and 99% movement: Group discussion on frequently asked questions and responses
2:00 – 3:00 Healthcare for the 99%
3:00 – 3:30 Break
3:30 – 4:30 Facilitation skills and non-hierarchical group process training
4:30 – 6:30 Corporate control of the food system and Factory farming
Room B Schedule:
2:00 – 3:00 Basic investigative research: How to investigate corporate and public officials for corruption and other wrongdoing
3:00 – 3:30 Break
3:30 – 6:30 Media training: How to talk with reporters and get your message
Invite your friends on facebook here https://www.facebook.com/events/229437887147308/
Please spread this message. This is the most important thing for the movement right now.
If you would like to reserve a spot for your children in the children’s room, or request for sign language assitance, please register by Friday here:
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org