Oakland General Strike
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011
14th & Broadway
Join the call for an Oakland General Strike this coming Wednesday, November 2nd. Everyone is encouraged to participate, regardless of where you live. There will be mass gatherings at 14th and Broadway at 9:00am, 12 noon, and 5:00pm.
The Green Party of Alameda County has endorsed the strike, along with a number of labor unions and other organizations.
The proposal for the General Strike was approved by a vote of 97% at the October 26 Occupy Oakland general assembly meeting, with over 1600 people in attendance. Below is some additional information about the general strike. If possible, please forward this information, and encourage others to participate.
General Strike and Mass Day of Action
Wednesday, November 2
Called for by Occupy Oakland
Everyone to the streets! No work! No school!
Converge on downtown Oakland
* All banks and corporations must close down for the day
* Solidarity with the worldwide Occupy Movement
* End police attacks on our communities
* Defend Oakland schools and libraries
* Against an economic system built on inequality and corporate power that perpetuates racism, sexism and the destruction of the environment
The whole world is watching Oakland. Let’s show them what is possible!