The Green Party of Alameda County, part of the East Bay Region of the Green Party of California, has over 10,000 registered members who live in the Oakland/Berkeley/Emeryville/Alameda area. We have been active for over 15 years, hold monthly meetings and “Green Sundays” on the second Sunday evening of each month at Niebyl Proctor Library in Oakland, and host conferences, public events, and gatherings for up to 1000 people in the Bay Area.
* Interested in getting active in the Alameda County Green Party? We recommend you email us (acgreens2012 – at – gmail), or click “Join This Group” on our listserve to receive announcements.
* Want to register as a Green? Go here, or call us at (510) 644-2293.
* Want to donate to support our efforts? Go here.
The Green Party in the United States is generally supportive of the Ten Key Values, some of which include: Nonviolence, Ecological Wisdom, Social Justice and Grassroots Democracy. Other Green Parties around the world favor similar values, but most Green Party groups have slight differences. For some history of the Green Party in the US, see the wikipedia page on the Green Party History. The Green Party of Alameda County Bylaws, are located here [PDF].
The current Alameda County Council members were elected on June 5th, 2012:
(Voters could select 8 candidates)
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Occupation: Musician
- Occupation: Historical Researcher
- Occupation: Social Services Coordinator
- Occupation: Psychology Researcher
- Occupation: Educator
- Occupation: Retired Engineer
- Occupation: Retired Scientist
- Occupation: Software Contractor
- Occupation: Computer Engineer
Oakland Greens Video -
3rd Eye Wisdom – Green Party & Independent Political Action