The Green Party of Alameda County, part of the East Bay Region of the Green Party of California, has over 9,500 registered members here in Alameda county. We have been active for over 20 years, hold monthly meetings and “Green Sundays” on the second Sunday evening of each month at Niebyl Proctor Library in Oakland, and host conferences, public events, and gatherings for up to 1000 people in the Bay Area.
* Interested in getting active in the Alameda County Green Party? We recommend you email us (acgreens2012 – at – gmail), or click “Join This Group” on our listserve to receive announcements.
* Want to register as a Green? Go here, or call us at (510) 644-2293.
* Want to donate to support our efforts? Go here.
The Green Party in the United States is generally supportive of the Ten Key Values, some of which include: Nonviolence, Ecological Wisdom, Social Justice and Grassroots Democracy. Other Green Parties around the world favor similar values, but most Green Party groups have slight differences. For some history of the Green Party in the US, see the wikipedia page on the Green Party History. The Green Party of Alameda County Bylaws, are located here [PDF].
* County Council: The Green Party of Alameda County’s governing board is a 6-8 member elected County Council, which meets monthly.
Current County Council Members
The following current Alameda County Council members were elected on June 5th, 2012, and reconfirmed by consensus at the June 8, 2014 County Council meeting. The confirmation process was held in lieu of re-election, since California’s new “Top Two Primary” law has resulted in political parties being prevented from conducting their governing board elections as part of the public election process during Gubernatorial years.
Pamela R. Spevack
The following current County Council Members were appointed during 2012-2014 to fill vacancies, and reconfirmed by consensus on June 8, 2014 (see above):
The following current County Council Members were confirmed by consensus on June 8, 2014 (see above):
All members are At-Large. All terms will expire in June 2016.
Alameda County Council members elected on June 5th, 2012:
Member, Green Party County Council At-Large; County of Alameda
(Voters could select 8 candidates)
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Occupation: Musician
- Occupation: Historical Researcher
- Occupation: Social Services Coordinator
- Occupation: Psychology Researcher
- Occupation: Educator
- Occupation: Retired Engineer
- Occupation: Retired Scientist
- Occupation: Software Contractor
- Occupation: Computer Engineer
Oakland Greens Video -
3rd Eye Wisdom – Green Party & Independent Political Action